"…The LORD your God brings you into the land he swore to your fathers..a land with large, flourishing cities you did not build, houses filled with all kinds of good things you did not provide…" Deuteronomy 6:10
These were some of the words of promise the Lord impressed on us before we left Venezuela! Over a year later, we were looking for a place to live in Washington State. It would be three months before we would move in, but I really, really wanted to have something confirmed.
After hours of looking, we were hot and tired, so stopped for lunch. As we were getting out of the car, I grabbed my "Apartments for Rent" book, along with the city map. I thought, "Maybe someone will see the title of the book, see how desperate we look, and walk up to us and offer us a place to rent!"
Then it was like the Lord sort of whispered in my ear, "You don't really think I can do that, do you????" I, of couse, thought, "Yeah, you can, but no one is going to walk up and offer me a place to live!!!"
Inside the restaurant I heard Rich talking to someone, and turned around to see a pastor that we knew. While we had lunch together he asked what we were doing, along with a lot of other questions. At the end of the conversation he leaned back in his chair and said, "My dad has a place he would like to rent...!" Well, you can guess the rest!
Not only were the dates perfect for us, but the lovely 3 bedroom home is also fully furnished… "with good things" from dishes, spices, paper clips, a whole library of books, sheets, to even some games!
God always keeps his promises…down to every detail!
No comments:
Post a Comment